1. WHAT PARTIES ARE THERE?
In our Cookie Statement the following definitions apply:
GDW NV: GDW NV, Hoogmolenwegel 23, 8790 Waregem, registered under the company number BE 0405.400.711
‘User’ or ‘you’: every natural person (B2C) or legal entity (B2B) who is or will be in a contractual relationship of any kind with GDW NV through this online platform.
‘Law’: art. 129 Law on electronic communications, as amended by W 2012-07-10/04, art. 90, 017; (entry into force: 04-08-2012).
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text and number file that we store in your browser or on the hard drive of your computer. This allows us to remember your preferences when using our website (e.g. language selection).
Unless you have adjusted your browser settings as such that cookies will be refused, our system will place cookies as soon as you visit our website.
The cookies we use on this website are safe and meant to make your visit as pleasant as possible. We anonymize as much as possible the data we collect through the cookies.
3. TYPES OF COOKIES
Our cookies can be divided according to their origin, their function and their lifespan.
• First-party cookies are those cookies that are placed by a website that is currently being visited by the user (e.g. cookies placed by GDW NV).
• Third-party cookies are cookies that are placed by a different domain name than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a third party places a cookie through that website, then this is a third-party cookie (e.g. cookies placed by Google, Twitter, Facebook and Hotjar).
• Functional cookies are cookies that ensure that the Website functions properly (e.g. cookies for log-in or registration, language preferences). Functional cookies are logically first-party cookies.
• Non-functional cookies are cookies that can be placed for statistical, social, targeting and commercial purposes. They have nothing to do with the purely technical support of the website. Cookies with statistic purposes allow to check which pages of the website you visit, where your computer is located, etc. Cookies with social purposes make it possible for the user to share the content of the visited website directly with others via social media. Cookies with targeting purposes allow you to build up a profile based on your surfing behaviour, as a result of which the displayed advertisements are tailored to your interests. Cookies with commercial purposes keep track of how many and which advertisements were shown to a user. Non-functional cookies can be first-party or third-party cookies.
• Permanent cookies: These cookies remain on the user's device for the duration determined in the cookie. They are activated every time the user visits the website that has placed this cookie (e.g. cookies placed by social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Google Analytics, etc.). Most non-functional cookies are permanent cookies.
• Session cookies: These cookies allow us to simplify the actions of a user and to link them together during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and ends when they close the browser window. Session cookies are placed temporarily. As soon as you close the browser, all session cookies will be deleted. Most functional cookies are session cookies.
4. MANAGING COOKIES
We point out that web browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings can be found in the 'Options' or 'Preferences' menu of your web browser. To better understand these settings, the following links can be useful. If not, you should consult the 'Help' function in your web browser for more details.
• Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
• Cookie settings in Firefox
• Cookie settings in Chrome
• Cookie settings in Safari
5. WHICH COOKIES ARE USED ON THIS PLATFORM?
Name Goal Validity
locale Language preference 1 year
CraftSessionId* Identification logged in visitor Session
Craft login* Log-in or registration cms 1 month
Cookieconsent_status Interaction cookie notice 1 year
Name Content and purpose Validity
_utma Google Analytics Tracking cookie* 2 years
_utmb Google Analytics Tracking cookie* 30 minutes
_utmc Google Analytics Tracking cookie* Session
_utmz Google Analytics Tracking cookie* 6 months
_ga Google Analytics Tracking cookie* 2 years
_gat Google Analytics Tracking cookie* 1 day
_gid Google Analytics Tracking cookie* 2 days
_dc_gtm_ Google Tag Manager cookie* 2 minutes
* For cookies placed by third parties (e.g. Google Analytics & Hotjar) we refer you to the statements that these parties give on their respective websites. Please note: we cannot influence the content of these statements or the content of the cookies of these third parties.
6. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION